Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Look past the thugish cover photo...

This weekend, I was introduced to this recent hit of Chris Medina.  It's uncanny how these sorts of things happen -- and for me, not surprisingly, it's usually through music -- how you are given little gifts at very unlikely times that really bring things into focus.  This song is one of those little gifts.  So seldom does a an entire song text speak directly to you like this.  The context may be different from that of the original artist, but the message is clear.  Despite its overuse, the cliche catch-phrase is true: "When God shuts a door, He opens a window".  Sitting with a group of friends at an outdoor restaurant last Saturday,  Phylis who sat next to me, shared this song that she said had almost immediately become her favorite.  There at that moment, surrounded by these wonderful people, the song came alive: I was where I was meant to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment